If you are using a K12-supplied computer, than please click here for a different help article on how to get set up and ready to play on JamKazam.
If you have your own Windows computer (rather than using a K12-supplied Windows computer), then you can use this help article as your guide to get everything set up and ready to play with your fellow students on JamKazam. We'll point you to each of the help articles you'll need to follow (in order) to get set up successfully. Here we go!
1. Setting a Password on Your JamKazam Account
The first thing you need to do is to find the email that was sent to you from JamKazam when your K12-generated JamKazam account was created. Search in your email inbox for an email subject line that starts "Set a password on your new JamKazam account..." and was sent from JamKazam (firstname.lastname@example.org). This email notifies you that you now have a JamKazam account, and if you scroll down in the email, you will see a Set Password button in the email (pictured below with arrow).
Click the Set Password button, and then follow the on-screen instructions to enter a password to use for your JamKazam account. Your login credentials for JamKazam will be the email address to which this email was sent and the password you set from this button.
2. Installing the App
The next thing you need to do is to download and install the JamKazam app. To do this, go to https://www.jamkazam.com/downloads and click the "Download JamKazam for Windows" button (pictured below with arrow).
Then click here for a help article on how to install and sign into the Windows JamKazam application. IMPORTANT: Please skip the initial couple of steps in this help article that describe how to sign up for a JamKazam account. This has already been done for you by K12, and you created your password for this account in step #1 above. Skip to the third screenshot in this help article, and follow the instructions to install and sign into the JamKazam app. Then return here for the next step in the process.
3. Installing Rubix22 Audio Interface Software Driver
The next thing to do is to install a piece of software called a "driver" that makes your Rubix22 audio interface work (and work as fast as possible) on your computer. Click here for instructions to download and install this software. Then return here for the next step.
4. Setting Up Your Audio Interface
This is a big one, so we're going to cover it in multiple parts, stepping through the JamKazam setup wizard as we go.
- Starting the Setup Wizard - Connect your Rubix22 audio interface to your computer using a USB cable. Then click here for instructions to start the setup wizard.
- Configuring Your Audio Interface Settings - Click here for instructions on how to configure your Rubix22 in step 2 of the setup wizard.
- Configuring Your Audio Tracks - With your Rubix 22 configured, now click here for instructions on how to set up audio tracks for your microphone and instrument in step 3 of the setup wizard.
- Setting Up a Chat Mic - In step 4 of the setup wizard, you don't need to do anything at all, so simply click the orange Next button in the lower right corner of the wizard to move ahead to step 5.
- Turning Off Direct Monitoring - In step 5 of the setup wizard, you don't need to do anything at all, so simply click the orange Next button in the lower right corner of the wizard to move ahead to step 6. Then click the Close button to close the wizard.
5. Setting Up the Rest of Your Gear & Testing Everything
Now that you've set up all the software, it's time to get all your gear set up and connected properly, and then test everything in a private session. Click here for instructions on how to do this.
When you've completed these steps, you're ready to start playing in JamKazam sessions! To learn more about how to create, find, join, and play in JamKazam sessions, click here for help articles that can teach you about how to do these things.