Before setting up your audio interface to work with the JamKazam app, you must first set it up to work properly with/on your Windows computer. To do this, you need to install a piece of software called a "driver" that was developed by the company that makes your audio interface. This software driver controls the operation of the audio interface hardware as it interacts with your Windows computer.
There are many, many audio interfaces produced by a wide variety of interface vendors worldwide. Most of these audio interfaces will work with JamKazam, but we cannot document specific instructions for every one of these products. So we have produced specific instructions for a short list of audio interface products that we have found to have fast performance (i.e. low latency), good quality, and relatively low prices. If you have purchased one of the audio interfaces from this short list, then click on the link below that corresponds to your audio interface for specific instructions on how to find, download, and install the Windows software driver that controls your audio interface:
- Behringer UMC202HD
- Behringer UMC204HD
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
- Presonus Audiobox USB 96
- Steinberg UR22C
- Motu M2
If you have purchased and are using some other audio interface, please follow these general instructions to find, download, and install the latest/greatest software driver for your audio interface.
- To get started, open your browser, and search for the name of the company that makes your audio interface. Navigate to the home page of the company's website.
- At this website, look for a link to Downloads or Support. If you can't find this, then navigate through the website to find the product page for your audio interface, and look for a Downloads link or section of that page.
- When you have found the download section of your audio interface vendor's website, look for the specific audio interface model that you have, and find the latest Windows 10 software driver available for your specific audio interface.
- Download this driver software through your browser.
- Click to open the software download, and run the installer application you have downloaded.
- Follow the installer's on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the software driver for your specific audio interface.
Your next step in the setup process is to configure your audio interface to work with the JamKazam application. Click here for instructions on how to start the audio setup wizard to do this.