TS cables (1/4" mono cables) have a number of uses, such as:
- Connecting your guitar to an amp or to an audio input port on an audio interface
- Connecting the audio outputs from a mixer to the audio input ports on an audio interface
- Connecting the audio outputs from an electronic keyboard to the audio input ports on an audio interface
Below is an image of the two ends of this cable type.
Aside from quality, the only thing to really consider with a TS cable is the length of the cable you'll need. This will depend on your particular setup, in terms of the placement of the gear items to be connected, and how much cable length is needed between those two points.
Following are JamKazam's gear recommendations for TS cables. To be clear:
- JamKazam isn't selling these cables to you, and we don't have an interest in which stand you buy, so we don't have any conflict of interest or ulterior motive to push you in a particular direction. We are making recommendations to be helpful to our user community. Our hope is that we can help you spend less time conducting product research, save money on your purchases by getting a product with great performance combined with a lower price, and also get a good quality product that will last.
- In the interest of full disclosure, JamKazam has set up an Amazon affiliate account, and the links to the products below use our affiliate code. This means that if you use the links in the tables below and buy any of these products, JamKazam will get a small % of the Amazon sale. The does not cost you anything, and it can help contribute a little money to helping us keep JamKazam running and improving.
OK, so on to the actual TS cables. In the table below, we list a couple of TS cables that we've used and found to be good value and quality.
|USD$10 to $20|
|TS cable with good built quality, available in various lengths.|
|GLS Audio Cable|
|TS cable made by the company that also makes a couple of our favorite price/performance dynamic microphones.|
|GLS Audio Cable|
(20 Ft, Right Angle)
|TS cable made by the company that also makes a couple of our favorite price/performance dynamic microphones. One end of this cable has a right angle connector, which musicians sometimes prefer for connecting to guitars or amps. |