Before setting up your audio interface to work with the JamKazam app, you may need to first set it up to work properly with your Mac computer. Most audio interfaces "just work" with Macs in plug-and-play fashion, due to the Mac's Core Audio architecture. However, there are a few audio interfaces where the maker of the audio interface has invested in developing a piece of software called a "driver" in order to make the audio interface faster - i.e. to reduce audio processing latency. If a driver exists for your interface, and if the driver will reduce latency compared to plug-and-play operation, it's typically worth taking the time to install the software driver.
Of the several Mac audio interfaces that JamKazam recommends and has individually tested and evaluated, only the Motu M2 has a driver that reduces audio processing latency. If your Mac has Thunderbolt 3 ports and if you have a Motu M2, then please read and follow the instructions in this help article to install the Motu software driver on your Mac. For any of the other audio interfaces on our short list, you can move ahead to start the audio setup wizard without worrying about a software driver.
There are many, many audio interfaces produced by a wide variety of interface vendors worldwide. Most of these audio interfaces will work with JamKazam, but we cannot document specific instructions for every one of these products. If you have purchased and are using some other audio interface, please follow these general instructions to find, download, and install the latest/greatest software driver for your audio interface (if a special driver exists for your interface).
- To get started, open your browser, and search for the name of the company that makes your audio interface. Navigate to the home page of the company's website.
- At this website, look for a link to Downloads or Support. If you can't find this, then navigate through the website to find the product page for your audio interface, and look for a Downloads link or section of that page.
- When you have found the download section of your audio interface vendor's website, look for the specific audio interface model that you have, and find the latest Mac software driver available for your specific audio interface.
- Download this driver software through your browser.
- Click to open the software download, and run the installer application you have downloaded.
- Follow the installer's on-screen instructions to complete the installation of the software driver for your specific audio interface.
Your next step in the setup process is to configure your audio interface to work with the JamKazam application. Click here for instructions on how to start the audio setup wizard to do this.