There is plenty of technical detail in some of the setup instructions for using JamKazam. Thankfully, using a webcam with JamKazam is very simple. Here's the summary:
- If you have a built-in webcam on your computer, you can just use that webcam for video in sessions, and you don't need to do anything to set this up.
- If you want to use an external webcam that is connected to your computer, you can just use that webcam for video in sessions, and you don't need to do anything to set this up.
- And if you want to use multiple webcams in a JamKazam session, either cutting between them, or having multiple webcams run and stream video at the same, you can also do that, and again there is no special webcam setup needed.
- While we haven't done it ourselves, we've also seen some members of our community using smartphones with special apps that make them look like a webcam, also usable with the JamKazam app.
To set up a webcam:
- Connect the webcam you want to use. If you are using a built-in webcam, proceed to step 2.
- From the Home page, click the Account tile.
- On the Video Gear line, click Update. The Video Gear page appears.
- Select a webcam from the Select Webcam dropdown menu. If your webcam doesn't appear, it may not be connected correctly. Verify that it is connected and working for your computer's operating system and try again.
- Select the video resolution you want to use.
- Click Test Webcam. The JamKazam video window appears and displays the output of your webcam.
Note: The instructions above apply only to the Standard video features. A new system has recently been released that runs in a browser window is set up differently.
For more information on using the video features in JamKazam sessions see Using the Video Features.